Your new tattoo:
Various factors in your tattoo's placement and your lifestyle will affect the amount of time it takes to heal. You can expect your tattoo to take approximately 2 weeks to heal on the surface and up to 2 months to heal completely. Please come back to show your artist your healed tattoo and get one free* (*subject to supply charge and taxes) touchup if needed.
- Leave your bandage on overnight
- In the morning, using a clean hand, gently lather and wash the tattoo and surrounding area with PunkMedics SimpleCleanse (A Health Educators recognized product specifically developed by body artists for tattoos)
- Ensure all blood, ink and ointment have been thoroughly washed off – do not over soak the tattoo.
- Gently pat dry with a fresh paper towel or allow it to air dry. DO NOT re-bandage your tattoo.
- We suggest you wash your tattoo 2-3 times a day for the first week.
- Apply a very thin layer of PunkMedics SimpleShield to ease any discomfort, itching or tightness. (Wait at least 3-4 days after your tattoo before applying SimpleShield) make sure SimpIeShield is absorbed and not left on the skin or you will smother your tattoo.
- Apply SimpleShield for a minimum of 3 weeks.